so runs a headline from a story on the Mt. Juliet News website (registration required, but it’s free).
Here’s the text of the agreement:
1. The claims against Sheila Luckett & Linda Elam will be dismissed with full prejudice.
2. TML will pay $85,000 to settle the case; The claims adjuster will use best efforst to obtain this authority. It is anticipated that this will be paid with $6,000 in discretionary costs as well.
3. City Manager Randy Robertson, City Attorney Jason Holleman & Lane Moore, atty will use their best efforts to obtain a payment of $75,000 from the Mt. Juliet City Commission. Upon payment of these sums in #2 & #3 and the other conditions, a dismissal w/ full prejudice will given to the city.
4. The two termination letters will be removed from Bobby Franklin’s personnnel file and a letter of resignation effective 7-13-07 will be substituted. Upon request, city personnel will advise that Bobby Franklin voluntarily resigned.
5. Bobby Franklin will not disparage Sheila Luckett & Linda Elam & Linda Elam & Sheila Luckett will not disparage Bobby Franklin with respect to the issues in this case, or the city administration to the date of the dismissal of this case.
6. If these monies are not paid within 10 days after the commission approval, the case will be reinstated and proceed with the current scheduling order.
Jack B. Hays, TML
Jason Holleman, City
Linda C. Elam
Sheila Luckett (by her atty)